Saturday, November 5, 2011

Occupy Oakland - Update

In my previous post Labor Unrest Grows, I described how protesters marched on the Port of Oakland, and had a violent confrontation with police. Today I have a video that shows the size of the crowd, which was reported as being 7,000 in the article I quoted. Please watch:

 

 Seeing the size of the protest puts things in perspective. I don't think it's 100,000 as the video claims, but regardless it's a big crowd. Unrest has come to the united stats.

We've seen protests in Iran, the Middle East, North Africa, and now the USA. And I feel that it is just starting.

 How will the American government react to the growing unrest? What if their was another financial crisis? The tone of the protests suggests to me that the political cost of bailouts is going up fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment